- IPad metal — nickel — faulted for causing allergic rashes
- Rand Paul to Rick Perry on Iraq: Get some new glasses
- ‘Fact-Checker’ blog takes on Dems for their comments on Hobby Lobby decision
- Babe Ruth’s 1918 contract sells for $1.02M at auction
- Citigroup settles subprime mortgage case for $7B
- Archie to be shot saving gay friend in comic book
- Sen. John McCain on illegal child immigrants: Fly them home, now
- Pope Francis puts number of priestly pedophiles at 2 percent: report
- Oregonians flee in face of fast-moving wildfire as homes go up in blaze
- Eric Holder: ‘Racial animus’ fuels opposition to Obama and me
Beck has rookie Hankerson’s back on interception
QB takes blame for turnover in loss to Carolina
Question of the Day
Beck spoke for 4 1/2 minutes about Sunday’s loss to Carolina and his performance in the game before making a point to protect Hankerson from criticism that surfaced online about Hankerson’s role in the play.
It appeared Beck expected Hankerson to slow and turn his route into a back-shoulder fade. Hankerson kept running deep, and he wasn’t near Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble when Gamble intercepted the ball. Immediately after the play, Beck held his arms out and palms up, as if to ask Hankerson what happened.
“I just want to add one more thing, too, just because I kind of caught wind of what was going on,” he said as his interview neared its conclusion. “Hey, listen: The play with Hankerson, it’s on me. I’m the guy that’s got the ball in my hand. I’m the guy that makes the decision on where that ball goes.
“Done,” he said. “Thanks.”
Shanahan downplayed the significance of what he considers to be a learning experience.
“What John did is he threw the same ball to Hankerson that he did to [Jabar] Gaffney right at the end of the [first] half,” Shanahan said. “He kind of underthrew it for a reason because the corner was playing over the top. Obviously, Leonard thought a little bit differently, but that’s the nature of this game. That’s the growing pains that go on with a young player.”
Beck gets positive review
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
Latest Blog Entries
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Eric Holder: 'Racial animus' fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
- Defense Dept.: Contracting personnel may be wasting billions due to FAR regulation confusion
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs