- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Canucks demote new C Reinprecht to Chicago of AHL
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA (AP) - The Canucks are sending new center Steven Reinprecht to Chicago of the American Hockey League just two days after acquiring him in a big trade with the Florida Panthers.
Vancouver received Reinprecht, forward David Booth and a third-round draft pick on Saturday for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson. The 35-year-old Reinprecht was sent to the AHL on Monday.
Reinprecht played in five games this season with San Antonio of the AHL, but didn't register a point. He split last season between Florida and Mannheim of the German league. Reinprecht had four goals and six assists in 29 games with the Panthers.
In 663 career NHL games with Los Angeles, Colorado, Calgary, Phoenix and Florida, Reinprecht has 140 goals and 242 assists.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.