- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
- Mideast hostilities ratchet as rockets from Lebanon strike Israel
- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Occupy protests show far left for what it is
Question of the Day
I have just one request of the Occupy Wall Street protesters: Please don’t stop. Please continue to rant incoherently at the first sign of a microphone or camera. Please continue to lethargically and aimlessly meander through the parks and streets of America, rattling your tin cups in search of more handouts, blaming everyone but yourselves for your plight. Please continue to shine the light of clarity on the socialist, nanny-state liberalism that you personify. Please continue to do what you do most and best: nothing.
Your efforts serve to paint a clear contrast between the two sides currently waging war for the future of America. On one side are those who believe in the income redistribution of socialism and feel entitled to “social justice,” fueled by a victim complex instilled in them by the very politicians who create and perpetuate their dependence. On the other side are the independent, self-respecting, hardworking Americans whose income and old-fashioned values of personal responsibility sit squarely in the cross hairs of the slackers and the Democratic Party that coddles them.
As Americans watched the chaos in Europe over the past several months, many of us wondered whether it could ever happen here. Only months later, it is happening here. We are watching the process in its infancy, right now, right in front of us. Perhaps it is on a smaller scale at this point, but it is the same mentality. President Obama and the rest of the Democratic leadership are embracing the mobs, engaging in class warfare rhetoric in a desperate attempt to stop the hemorrhaging of their credibility and poll numbers brought on by their failed policies. These “protests,” on the heels of the disgraceful and selfish union thuggery that was on display in Wisconsin last winter, provide Americans with a clear choice at a time when this country is at a tipping point.
In 2012, the electorate will be asked to choose the direction of America. Do you want to be part of the “fundamental transformation” that Mr. Obama has in store for this country? Do we continue down the current path, one forged by the president, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and the liberal left, which has resulted in the ballooning of the dependent class, record debt and deficits, a toxic environment for our businesses and a general decline in American prestige? Or do we change course, returning to some semblance of fiscal responsibility and accountability, and go back to the basic self-reliance and free-market capitalism that made America the greatest country in history?
Liberals have been successful in their efforts to build an ever-growing class of dependent Americans on whose votes they can continue to count. Soon it will be too late, as the numbers will be too much to overcome. Go to your calendars right now and circle Nov. 6, 2012. In the meantime, participate in the political system. Write to your state representatives, write to your local paper. Be active in your communities. Don’t give in to the intimidation of false accusations.
Unfortunately, battles are not won by bringing people together. Wars are won by defeating the enemy. Socialism and liberalism are the enemies and must be defeated, plain and simple.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America: Land of the free no more?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wage-theft by employers needs legislative remedy
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Douglass would abhor affirmative action
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's voter bloc of 'entitlement' illegals