Stafford’s fourth-down pass fell incomplete with 90 seconds remaining Sunday, and he came hobbling off. He had his ankle taped and said later he would have tried to go back in, but Detroit never got the ball back. The Lions lost 23-16.
• Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is firing back at the Falcons, saying quarterback Matt Ryan’s brief injury during the the third quarter Sunday was “karma” and hinting that Atlanta has been guilty of dirty play.
NEW ORLEANS — Drew Brees completed 31 of 35 passes for 325 yards and five touchdowns, and the New Orleans Saints set a franchise record for points and victory margin in a 62-7 demolition of the hapless Indianapolis Colts on Sunday night.
Brees had two touchdown passes to Marques Colston and one to Darren Sproles in the first quarter. His fourth and fifth touchdown tosses went to second-year tight end Jimmy Graham in the third quarter.
Around the league
• BROWNS: Cleveland kicker Phil Dawson made two long field goals on one healthy leg. Dawson bruised his right thigh early in a 6-3 win over Seattle on Sunday, when he accounted for all of Cleveland’s points by making field goals of 52 and 53 yards - the first time in his NFL career he has made two kicks beyond 50 yards in a game.
• BENGALS: Cincinnati cleared cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones to resume practicing Monday when they returned from their bye week. Jones has missed the first six games as he recovers from two surgical procedures on his neck in the past year.
• VIKINGS: Wide receiver Bernard Berrian is still with the team, facing another meeting about his status with coach Leslie Frazier. Berrian met Monday with Frazier and said afterward he would talk with the coach again Tuesday, after spending his second game in three weeks on the inactive list when the Vikings played Green Bay on Sunday.
• PACKERS: Green Bay rookie running back Alex Green is out for the season after injuring his knee during Sunday’s victory at Minnesota. Green had played mostly on special teams. He missed some time earlier in the season with an Achilles injury.
• FALCONS: The NFL has reduced to $25,000 the fine it levied on Atlanta cornerback Dunta Robinson for a hit on Philadelphia receiver Jeremy Maclin last month. Robinson originally was fined $40,000.
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Doloff and friends.
“Right Angles” explores serious subjects, such as the Islamization of the Middle East and delegitimization of Israel, with humor, candor and a twist.
Covering a real world perspective on the various topics associated with health and addiction issues people want to know about.
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal