- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Tuning In to TV
He thanked the Kennedy Center as “one of the few places that uphold comedy as what it truly is, an art form.”
Thirteen other people have won the Mark Twain Prize since 1998, including Tina Fey, Bill Cosby, Steve Martin and Whoopi Goldberg. It recognizes people who have followed the tradition of Samuel Clemens, the writer known as Mark Twain who used social commentary and satire to have an impact on society.
'Jersey Shore' house available to renters
Fans of MTV’s “Jersey Shore” can get a firsthand look at the gym-tan-laundry lifestyle by renting the house where the reality series is taped.
All you need is $2,500 a night and your own drama.
Renters of the home in Seaside Heights have access to the duck phone and the double bed in the Smush Room — but they won’t find the usual mess because the landlord cleaned the place, the Associated Press reported.
Joe Ambrosini of Philadelphia, who rented the house, told the Asbury Park Press in New Jersey that people took his picture anytime he went out on the deck. The 33-year-old said it was like “buying 15 minutes of fame.”
Jennifer Bauer of Toms River, N.J., said it was cool sleeping in the same bedrooms where the cast stayed. But Miss Bauer said she brought her own sheets.
Bieber, Aguilera, Maroon 5 set to perform at AMAs
Justin Bieber, Christina Aguilera, Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson and Maroon 5 are set to perform at the American Music Awards next month.
Producer Larry Klein announced the latest group of AMA entertainers Monday. They join previously announced performers Katy Perry and Pitbull.
Fans can vote online for the winners of the AMAs, which will be presented Nov. 20 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
The AMAs will air live on ABC.
Chord Overstreet returns to ‘Glee’ in December episodes
By Andrew P. Napolitano
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Wingate University on lockdown after 2 shot dead
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?