- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Taking Names: Lindsay Lohan’s father arrested in domestic dispute
Lindsay Lohan’s father arrested in domestic dispute
The father of actress Lindsay Lohan was arrested Tuesday in Florida on domestic violence charges after police said he grabbed his on-and-off girlfriend’s arms and pushed her down multiple times during a daylong argument.
According to the Associated Press, a Tampa Police Department report said one cause of the fight between 51-year-old Michael Lohan and 28-year-old Kathryn Major was a scheduled Tuesday court date in nearby Sarasota County on a previous domestic violence case.
“She had some redness on her arms, some minor bruising and it was determined that he grabbed her arm and threw her to the ground a couple of times,” police spokeswoman Andrea Davis said.
After being placed in custody, Mr. Lohan complained of chest pains and was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital. Miss Davis said he apparently tried to check himself out and leave unnoticed when he thought the officers had departed, but they quickly arrested him.
According to the police report, officers arrived at Miss Major’s condominium early Tuesday to respond to a domestic violence call. They reportedly could hear a woman yelling “stop” and “leave me alone.”
Mr. Lohan opened the door when officers knocked, out of breath and sweating, the report said.
“He immediately got defensive saying, ‘Everything is OK and nothing happened here,’ ” the report said. “The victim started yelling in the background for us to help her because he was lying.”
In addition to the injuries to Miss Major, which did not require medical treatment, police said jewelry and clothing from her closet was strewn around and a bathroom door had a dent at about the height of Mr. Lohan’s head. The report quoted Miss Major as saying Mr. Lohan had banged his own head on the door and that he intended to blame her for injuring him if police came.
Madonna’s brother living homeless in Michigan
Pop diva Madonna may be rich and famous, but one of her brothers says he’s homeless and penniless in a small town in Michigan after losing his job at the family winery, Agence France-Presse reports.
“My family turned their back on me, basically, when I was having a hard time,” Anthony Ciccone told the Michigan Messenger, an online news website.
“You think I haven’t answered this kind of question a bazillion times? Why my sister is a multibazillionarie, and I’m homeless on the street?” added Mr. Ciccone, 55, who said he sleeps under a bridge in Traverse City.
“Never say never. This could happen to anybody,” he said. “I don’t have any income, I’ve got to go collect bottles and cans, do odd jobs.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again