- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Taking Names: Lindsay Lohan’s father arrested in domestic dispute
Lindsay Lohan’s father arrested in domestic dispute
The father of actress Lindsay Lohan was arrested Tuesday in Florida on domestic violence charges after police said he grabbed his on-and-off girlfriend’s arms and pushed her down multiple times during a daylong argument.
According to the Associated Press, a Tampa Police Department report said one cause of the fight between 51-year-old Michael Lohan and 28-year-old Kathryn Major was a scheduled Tuesday court date in nearby Sarasota County on a previous domestic violence case.
“She had some redness on her arms, some minor bruising and it was determined that he grabbed her arm and threw her to the ground a couple of times,” police spokeswoman Andrea Davis said.
After being placed in custody, Mr. Lohan complained of chest pains and was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital. Miss Davis said he apparently tried to check himself out and leave unnoticed when he thought the officers had departed, but they quickly arrested him.
According to the police report, officers arrived at Miss Major’s condominium early Tuesday to respond to a domestic violence call. They reportedly could hear a woman yelling “stop” and “leave me alone.”
Mr. Lohan opened the door when officers knocked, out of breath and sweating, the report said.
“He immediately got defensive saying, ‘Everything is OK and nothing happened here,’ ” the report said. “The victim started yelling in the background for us to help her because he was lying.”
In addition to the injuries to Miss Major, which did not require medical treatment, police said jewelry and clothing from her closet was strewn around and a bathroom door had a dent at about the height of Mr. Lohan’s head. The report quoted Miss Major as saying Mr. Lohan had banged his own head on the door and that he intended to blame her for injuring him if police came.
Madonna’s brother living homeless in Michigan
Pop diva Madonna may be rich and famous, but one of her brothers says he’s homeless and penniless in a small town in Michigan after losing his job at the family winery, Agence France-Presse reports.
“My family turned their back on me, basically, when I was having a hard time,” Anthony Ciccone told the Michigan Messenger, an online news website.
“You think I haven’t answered this kind of question a bazillion times? Why my sister is a multibazillionarie, and I’m homeless on the street?” added Mr. Ciccone, 55, who said he sleeps under a bridge in Traverse City.
“Never say never. This could happen to anybody,” he said. “I don’t have any income, I’ve got to go collect bottles and cans, do odd jobs.”
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare: Democrat
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!