- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Tuning in to TV
Question of the Day
Oscar hosting pressure already building for Murphy
With four months to go until the Academy Awards, Eddie Murphy already is feeling the pressure about hosting the ceremony.
At the premiere of his new comedy film, “Tower Heist,” he said he’s “excited” about the job but “hoping not to drop the ball,” the Associated Press reports.
On the comic’s to-do list between now and then is to watch some movies.
“What’s the front-runner? Who knows?” he asked on the red carpet.
The 84th Annual Academy Awards are Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012.
Grammy nominations special to feature Gaga, Jason Aldean
According to the Associated Press, LL Cool J will again host the show, to air live on CBS on Nov. 30. A handful of the 78 categories will be announced at the event, to be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. The Recording Academy earlier this year reduced the number of categories, which had totaled 109.
The Grammys will be held Feb. 12 in Los Angeles and will air live on CBS.
According to the Associated Press, Mr. Alexander, who played George Costanza in the legendary sitcom for a decade, was asked by Israeli President Shimon Peres in a meeting on Tuesday for advice on how to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow