- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
APNewsBreak: Stevie Wonder headlines NYE in Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Music legend Stevie Wonder plans to headline in Sin City on New Year's Eve, playing to a ballroom crowd at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and to thousands of revelers on the Las Vegas Strip by video.
Casino officials told The Associated Press the 25-time Grammy winner known for top hits including “Superstition” and “You are the Sunshine of My Life” will be its top performer one year after an exclusive grand opening bash that featured Jay-Z and Coldplay.
This year’s party is slightly more accessible than last year’s invite-only affair _ a limited number of tickets start at $250 and include an open bar.
Wonder’s concert will stream to partiers on the Las Vegas Strip, which will shut down to vehicle traffic and fill up with tourists.
In June, the former child prodigy was honored at the Apollo in New York with induction into the Legends Hall of Fame, joining Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson and Ella Fitzgerald.
“He’s gotten cool again in a whole different way with a young group of people who didn’t grow up with his music,” Marchese said. “He’s legendary, he’s an impresario, he’s contemporary but old school in this really unexpected way.”
Marchese said other acts and surprises would likely be added to the show, and other acts will perform throughout the property, including Mayer Hawthorne at a lounge on the casino floor.
Oskar Garcia can be reached at http://twitter.com/oskargarcia.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Increase in battlefield deaths linked to new rules of engagement in Afghanistan
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!