- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Canadiens fire assistant coach Pearn
Question of the Day
He began his NHL career as an assistant coach with Winnipeg in 1995-96 and served under Martin in Ottawa from 1996-2004, and subsequently with the New York Rangers.
Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier said in a statement that he had offered a different role with the team to Pearn, who was responsible for running the team’s power play. Montreal, which is off to its worst start in 70 years, is 3 for 32 with the man advantage.
“He remains a very knowledgeable coach with a strong work ethic and is a true professional,” Gauthier said.
Montreal has lost six in a row and has just one win through its first eight games (1-5-2). It is the deepest the Canadiens have gone into a season with only one win since 1941-42 when they got off to a 1-10-1 start that included a pair of losses to the Brooklyn Americans.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq