- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Taking Names: Stevie Wonder to headline New Year’s Eve in Vegas
Question of the Day
Casino officials told the Associated Press the 25-time Grammy winner, known for top hits including “Superstition” and “You Are the Sunshine of My Life,” will be its top performer one year after an exclusive grand-opening bash that featured Jay-Z and Coldplay.
This year’s party is slightly more accessible than last year’s invitation-only affair - a limited number of tickets start at $250 and include an open bar.
The New Year's Eve show caps a year of entertainment at the Cosmopolitan that has featured top acts including Adele, the Flaming Lips and Deadmau5.
Mr. Wonder’s concert will stream to partiers on the Las Vegas Strip, which will shut down to vehicle traffic and fill up with tourists.
Lindsay Lohan reportedly poses nude for Playboy
Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has posed nude for Playboy in a deal worth nearly $1 million, the celebrity news website TMZ reported Tuesday.
According to Agence France-Presse, TMZ reported that the actress, who has faced a string of legal problems and is on probation, had wanted $1 million and balked at an initial offer of $750,000,.
Playboy boss Hugh Hefner recently came back to Miss Lohan with an offer below her asking price - but close enough for her to agree to the deal, the website said, adding that shooting for the Playboy spread began over the weekend.
A spokeswoman for the actress declined to comment, telling AFP: “I am neither confirming nor denying the reports.” Playboy also had no comment on the report.
The star of “Mean Girls” was turned away from the Los Angeles County morgue last week after turning up late for community service ordered as part of her probation terms, officials said.
Miss Lohan appeared handcuffed in court last week but later was released after paying $100,000 bail, and a probation violation hearing was set for Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Miss Lohan’s estranged father made his first appearance in court Wednesday on domestic violence charges.
According to the Associated Press, Judge Walter R. Heinrich set bail at $5,000 for Michael Lohan. Mr. Lohan is accused of grabbing his on-and-off girlfriend and pushing her down multiple times during an argument at her Tampa, Fla., condo on Sunday. The judge told Mr. Lohan to stay away from 28-year-old Kate Major.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq