- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Scientists could unlock mystery of life beyond Earth within a decade
- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- Rob Ford gets D.C. sports radio gig: Toronto’s crack-smoking mayor will make NFL picks
- Israel mulls gift of West Bank land to Palestinians
- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- U.N., Mexico: Truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- Pentagon weighing ‘second start’ for overexposed youth in social media
2012 Nissan JUKE priced and ready to go
Question of the Day
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced U.S. pricing for the 2012 Nissan JUKE sport cross, which is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide. First introduced for the 2011 model year, the popular Nissan JUKE continues to break new ground among B-segment hatchbacks with its bold styling, unexpected levels of performance and an available advanced torque vectoring AWD system with performance technology usually reserved for premium vehicles.
JUKE fuses the best qualities of a sports car, including a sporty driving position, dynamic handling and powerful engine, with the best aspects of an SUV - such as a robust lower body, raised ground height, improved visibility and confident stance.
The 2012 Juke is available in eight models, each powered by a standard 188-horsepower 1.6-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) Turbo engine. The engine combines the power of a larger engine with the fuel economy of a smaller powerplant. Fuel economy is rated at 27 mpg City and 32 mpg Highway for JUKE CVT FWD models.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices* (MSRP) for the 2012 Nissan JUKE include:
JUKE S CVT FWD $19,770 USD
JUKE SV MT FWD $21,080 USD
JUKE SV CVT FWD $21,580 USD
JUKE SL MT FWD $23,400 USD
JUKE SL CVT FWD $23,900 USD
JUKE S CVT AWD $21,420 USD
JUKE SV CVT AWD $23,230 USD
JUKE SL CVT AWD $25,550 USD
One option is available, a Navigation Package priced at $800 USD.
Built on Nissan’s proven global B-platform, JUKE looks exactly like it drives - fresh, fun and exciting. The JUKE interior is equally aggressive with bolstered front seats, a wide instrument panel and a unique center console inspired by a motorcycle fuel tank and finished in a high-gloss paint. There are no significant changes for 2012.
JUKE’s standout styling, derived from the dramatic Nissan Qazana Concept, brings a breath of fresh air to the segment. It features a powerful front end treatment with the turn signals integrated into the front fenders, a high beltline and coupe-like falling roofline. Other exterior details include body-colored outside mirrors and front door handles, “hidden” rear door handles and standard 17-inch wheels and tires.
Inside, the JUKE interior features the gear shift located on top of the console, with a high-mounted shift lever for sporty driving. In the rear, a fold-down 60/40-split bench seat and flat load floor provide passenger and cargo hauling flexibility. Available interior features range from leather-appointed seats and RearView Monitor to Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Start and Nissan Navigation System with XM NavTraffic Real-Time Traffic Information (XM subscription required, sold separately). A long list of safety features is also standard, including six air bags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC).
JUKE’s standard 1.6-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) turbo, 16-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy inline 4-cylinder engine is rated at 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque. Two transmissions are offered - Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT with S-Mode and a 6-speed manual transmission (SV FWD and SL FWD models only). JUKE’s torque vectoring AWD system splits torque up to 50:50 between the front and rear wheels and can also split torque from side-to-side across the rear axle. When cornering, the system helps reduce understeer and enhance the vehicle’s cornering feel.
Another advanced JUKE-exclusive technology is the innovative Integrated Control (I-CON) system. It combines control of the automatic A/C and the three-mode drive selector - Normal for everyday driving, Sport for a more intense performance feel and Eco for maximum efficiency, adjusting throttle, transmission (CVT) and steering feel for the precise ride the driver desires.
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Issa: FBI impeding inquiry into IRS targeting of conservative groups
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Last call: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- EDITORIAL: Motor City meltdown
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet