- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Lindsay Lohan’s father arrested again in Tampa
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - The estranged father of actress Lindsay Lohan will be held in a Tampa hospital overnight for observation, hours after his second domestic violence-related arrest this week.
Michael Lohan has been admitted to Tampa General Hospital for observation, police said, following a jump from a third-floor balcony in an attempt to escape from authorities early Thursday morning.
Lohan “apparently leaped up from his balcony and grabbed ahold of the roof (about 30 feet) until he thought he was hanging over the top of the next balcony,” according to a report by Tampa Police officer J. Ladd, who responded to the call. The report said Lohan let go but missed the balcony, then came “crashing down on top of wooden high chairs that were laying on the ground.”
After a short chase, officers arrested Lohan.
This was the second encounter with Florida officers this week. On Tuesday, the 51-year-old Lohan was arrested on domestic violence charges involving Kate Major, his 28-year-old girlfriend who is also a former reporter for the Star tabloid.
Police say he grabbed Major and pushed her down multiple times at her Tampa apartment during a daylong argument.
When Lohan was released from jail Wednesday evening, he held an impromptu news conference in the jail parking lot. There, Lohan said he “didn’t do anything” and the charges were Major’s way of making money by selling her story to media outlets.
According to a police report, Wednesday night’s contact began a few hours later. Lohan sent his friend and trainer David Dominique to Major’s apartment to pick up his personal belongings, police said. A report said Lohan initially called Major to speak with Dominique, and Major told him that he wasn’t supposed to call.
“He sounded very out of it. And I found out he was doing steroids,” she said, adding that Lohan asked for a bag he hid in the bathroom.
“We had the victim put the phone on speaker when she answered. During this conversation (Lohan) kept asking things like “how can we work things out, where you moving to, you know I didn’t threaten you, I didn’t throw the remote at you I threw it at the floor,” Ladd wrote.
After the balcony fall and the foot pursuit, officers arrested Lohan and took him to the Hillsborough County Jail. Deputies suspected he may have broken his foot when he jumped off the balcony, so he was then taken to Tampa General Hospital.
Authorities said he will be returned to the jail once he’s been cleared by doctors.
Lohan appeared on season 5 of “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.” He told police this week that he moved to Tampa to get away from the publicity surrounding his celebrity daughter Lindsay _ who has had numerous run-ins with the law herself in Los Angeles and is currently performing court-ordered community service in the L.A. County morgue for a probation violation.
She also reportedly posed for Playboy this week.
Associated Press writer Laura Wides-Munoz contributed to this report from Miami.
Follow Tamara Lush on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tamaralush
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.