- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Carpenter paves way for Cards in Series finale
Children from the Joplin South Little League were recognized prior to the first pitch between Texas and St. Louis. MLB encouraged fans to visit MLBCommunity.org, where they can contribute to the Heart to Heart Organization and Habitat for Humanity.
“We are a social institution, and it’s not that we should be doing these things, we’re privileged to be doing them,” MLB Commissioner Bud Selig said.
TAKE THE MIC: Chris Daughtry, the four-time Grammy Award nominee, was scheduled to perform the national anthem before the deciding game of the World Series on Friday night.
Daughtry is the second alum of the Fox television show “American Idol” to sing the anthem _ Scotty McCreery performed it before Game 1. The World Series is televised by Fox.
Country music artist David Nail was to sing “God Bless America.” The Missouri native headlined a disaster relief concert in May following the tornados that ravaged much of the Midwest.
RAMS CELEBRATING: The St. Louis Rams are offering $23 tickets to fans who come to the Edward Jones Dome box office before their game against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
The tickets honor the jersey number of Cardinals third baseman David Freese, who hit the winning homer in the 11th inning Thursday night to force Game 7.
The Rams are 30th in the NFL with average home attendance of 56,374 this season. That’s 86.3 percent of capacity, which ranks 28th among the 32 franchises.
AP Sports Writer Dave Skretta contributed to this report.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.