- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Driver for rock group dies en route to Iowa gig
DES MOINES, IOWA (AP) - Rock band Widespread Panic says its bus driver suffered a fatal heart attack en route to a gig in Iowa.
A statement on the Athens, Ga.-based group's website says Tom Torrisi fell ill Thursday morning as the charter bus was traveling on Interstate 35 south of Ames. The bus went off the highway, and the band's merchandise manager took the wheel.
The band says one crew member suffered a head injury when the bus went off I-35.
Widespread Panic performed Thursday night in Ames as scheduled.
Jessica Lown of the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation told the Ames Tribune that she couldn't confirm details of the bus incident.
A 10-mile stretch of I-35 was closed Thursday morning after the bus incident and two subsequent crashes.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014