- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Planned all-star game in PR ‘postponed’
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO (AP) - Organizers say a scheduled exhibition game including NBA stars has been postponed and will be rescheduled next week.
A spokeswoman for the World All-Star Classic _ set to include Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Dwyane Wade _ says a new date will be announced by Nov. 3.
According to an earlier press release, the game was also going to feature Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Carlos Boozer, Chris Kaman, Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and Tyson Chandler.
NBA players have taken part in many charity exhibition games across the country during the lockout.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to various charities on behalf of the players and the event.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.