- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Browns center Mack has appendix surgery
BEREA, OHIO (AP) - Browns Pro Bowl center Alex Mack underwent surgery to have his appendix removed, one day after he felt sick but played all 87 snaps in Cleveland’s loss to Tennessee.
Mack felt ill before Sunday’s game and needed intravenous fluids.
Also, Browns cornerback Joe Haden, arguably the team’s best player this season, sprained his left knee in Cleveland’s 31-13 loss. Shurmur said an MRI revealed the injury and he expects Haden to “miss some time.”
Wide receiver/return specialist Josh Cribbs also sprained his knee, but Shurmur characterized the injury to the Browns’ biggest playmaker as “slight.”
“We’ll see how it goes,” Shurmur said. “I wouldn’t want to speculate on time until after he has the surgery, so we’ll find out.”
The 6-foot-4, 310-pound Mack hasn’t missed a single play since the Browns drafted him in the first round in 2009, starting 36 consecutive games.
On Sunday, Mack never came off the field during the Browns’ 31-13 loss to the Titans.
“He’s tough as nails because he was feeling a little queasy,” said right tackle Tony Pashos, who watched a game on TV with Mack on Sunday night. “He was talking about some issues then, too, and I was like maybe it’s just something you ate.”
“The guy is tough,” Pashos said. “I don’t expect him to miss any time. He’s played with some injuries before and I think he’ll be all right.
“I’m not a doctor, but I know Alex.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.