- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
HURT: N.C. lapdogs’ suspension of disbelief on elections
Question of the Day
The Charlotte Observer — the supposed “watchdog” covering the DNC convention in its hometown next year — soon displayed its own utter disdain for voters and disregard for liberty. The paper actually conducted an online survey asking readers: “Would it be a good idea to suspend congressional elections?”
Terrifyingly, about 40 of the paper’s remaining long-tortured readers actually agreed that it would be a good idea to halt U.S. elections.
Well, gee, how did such a danger to freedom and democracy get elected to public office in the first place? Oh, that’s right, the watchdogs are dead. Or, more accurately, sleeping in Beverly Perdue’s lap.
With America’s guardians of freedom so far corrupted, is it any wonder we are in so much trouble?
• Charles Hurt’s column appears Wednesday. He can be reached at email@example.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq