- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Cable’s top programs for Sept. 26-Oct. 2
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by Nielsen for the week of Sept. 26-Oct. 2. Day and start time (EDT) are in parentheses:
1. NFL Football: Washington at Dallas (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), ESPN, 12.17 million homes, 17.1 million viewers.
2. “Jersey Shore” (Thursday, 10 p.m.), MTV, 5.16 million homes, 7.16 million viewers.
3. Major League Baseball Division Series: Detroit vs. N.Y. Yankees (Friday, 8:30 p.m.), TBS, 4.09 million homes, 5.46 million viewers.
4. “Sportscenter” (Monday, 11:46 p.m.), ESPN, 3.43 million homes, 4.48 million viewers.
5. “Jersey Shore After Hours” (Thursday, 11 p.m.), MTV, 3.23 million homes, 4.23 million viewers.
6. “Jessie” (Friday, 9 p.m.), Disney, 3.11 million homes, 4.63 million viewers.
7. Major League Baseball Division Series: St. Louis at Philadelphia (Saturday, 8:30 p.m.), TBS, 3.09 million homes, 4.2 million viewers.
8. “Pawn Stars” (Monday, 10:30 p.m.), History, 3.07 million homes, 4.22 million viewers.
9. Auto Racing: NASCAR Sprint Cup (Sunday, 2 p.m.), ESPN, 3 million homes, 4.09 million viewers.
10. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 10 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 2.96 million homes, 4.21 million viewers.
11. “NCIS” (Wednesday, 8 p.m.), USA, 2.959 million homes, 3.96 million viewers.
12. “WWE Raw” (Monday, 9 p.m.), USA, 2.957 million homes, 4.16 million viewers.
13. “Pawn Stars” (Monday, 10 p.m.), History, 2.92 million homes, 4 million viewers.
14. “WWE Raw” (Monday, 10 p.m.), USA, 2.86 million homes, 4.13 million viewers.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- 84 percent of the world population has faith; a third are Christian
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!