- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Stars take to Twitter to talk about Steve Jobs
Question of the Day
Celebrities took to Twitter _ many on Apple devices _ to share their thoughts about Steve Jobs‘ death Wednesday. A sampling of posts:
“Steve lived the California Dream every day of his life and he changed the world and inspired all of us. (hash)ThankYouSteve” _ Arnold Schwarzenegger.
“My heart weeps for all who worked with Steve and who loved him, especially my friend Laurene and their children.” _ Maria Shriver.
“We will miss you, Steve Jobs. Sent lovingly from my iPhone.” _ Jane Lynch.
“Had the pleasure of working for him and knowing him. He was our Edison. R.I.P. Steve Jobs.” _ actor-writer-director Albert Brooks.
“Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs. Kinda can’t believe he’s gone. Carrying a little part of him in my pocket every day.” _ actress Martha Plimpton.
“Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. Your genius will live on for generations to come…” _ actor Neil Patrick Harris.
“Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. You’ve changed forever the world you leave behind.” _ Katie Couric.
“We lost a man of true vision today. Condolences to the whole Apple family.” _ actor-director Jon Favreau.
“Such a sad day, I can trace my apple memories to the IIC when i was a kid. RIP.” _ singer Josh Groban.
“You guys I’m sad about Steve Jobs too but SteveJobs2 comes out in like a month.” _ actor Eli Roth.
“(hash)RIP (hash)SteveJobs, thank you for revolutionizing the way we listen to music. Your vision will not be forgotten.” _ The Grammys (Recording Academy).
“Damn. RIP STEVE JOBS. Thanx for all the stuff you gave us. Life is Short. Live it up.” _ rocker Benji Madden.
“So sad to hear about Steve Jobs. He was a genius and one of the most innovative people on earth. He changed the world in so many ways. RIP.” _ Paris Hilton.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world