- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
STOCKHOLM (AP) - Bobby Ryan scored the only goal in a shootout and the Anaheim Ducks offset New York goalie Henrik Lundqvist’s spectacular play to beat the Rangers 2-1 on Saturday night.
Andrew Cogliano opened the scoring for the Ducks midway through the first period, and Brad Richards tied it with 2:15 left in the third period.
Lundqvist, from Sweden, kept the Rangers close and rewarded the sellout crowd with an outstanding game in the net, stopping 27 of 28 shots. Jonas Hiller made 14 saves for Anaheim.
Both teams opened the season with losses Friday night. Buffalo beat Anaheim 4-1 in Helsinki, and Los Angeles topped New York 3-2 in overtime in Stockholm.
Sabres 4, Kings 2
BERLIN (AP) _ Luke Adam scored twice in a 2:20 span early in the second period to help Buffalo beat Los Angeles in the first NHL game in Germany.
Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford also scored, Ryan Miller made 31 saves, and Austrian star Thomas Vanek had two assists for Buffalo. Anze Kopitar scored twice for Los Angeles. He had a goal and an assist Friday night in the Kings‘ overtime victory over the New York Rangers in Stockholm.
Bruins 4, Lightning 1
BOSTON (AP) _ Rich Peverley scored twice and Brad Marchand assisted on both to lead Boston over Tampa Bay and give the Stanley Cup champions its first win this season.
Tim Thomas made 25 saves for the Bruins in the rematch of the Eastern Conference finals. Boston won that series _ with Thomas posting a 1-0 shutout in Game 7 _ and went on to earn its first NHL title since 1972.
Tyler Seguin also had a pair of assists for Boston, which raised its sixth championship banner on Thursday night before losing to the Philadelphia Flyers 2-1.
Martin St. Louis scored for the Lightning, and Mathieu Garon stopped 38 shots.
Maple Leafs 6, Senators 5
TORONTO (AP) _ Phil Kessel had three goals and an assist and Toronto held off Ottawa for its second victory in two games this season.
Joffrey Lupul had a goal and two assists, Mikhail Grabovski and Colton Orr also scored, and James Reimer made 27 saves for Toronto, which led 5-1 midway through the third period.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014