- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Both teams opened the season with losses Friday night. Buffalo beat Anaheim 4-1 in Helsinki, and Los Angeles topped New York 3-2 in overtime in Stockholm.
Sabres 4, Kings 2
Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford also scored, Ryan Miller made 31 saves, and Austrian star Thomas Vanek had two assists for Buffalo. Anze Kopitar scored twice for Los Angeles. He had a goal and an assist Friday night in the Kings' overtime victory over the New York Rangers in Stockholm.
Bruins 4, Lightning 1
Tim Thomas made 25 saves for the Bruins in the rematch of the Eastern Conference finals. Boston won that series _ with Thomas posting a 1-0 shutout in Game 7 _ and went on to earn its first NHL title since 1972.
Maple Leafs 6, Senators 5
TORONTO (AP) _ Phil Kessel had three goals and an assist and Toronto held off Ottawa for its second victory in two games this season.
Joffrey Lupul had a goal and two assists, Mikhail Grabovski and Colton Orr also scored, and James Reimer made 27 saves for Toronto, which led 5-1 midway through the third period.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again