- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
Question of the Day
Tim Thomas made 25 saves for the Bruins in the rematch of the Eastern Conference finals. Boston won that series _ with Thomas posting a 1-0 shutout in Game 7 _ and went on to earn its first NHL title since 1972.
Maple Leafs 6, Senators 5
TORONTO (AP) _ Phil Kessel had three goals and an assist and Toronto held off Ottawa for its second victory in two games this season.
Daniel Alfredsson scored twice for the Senators, coming off a 5-3 loss in Detroit on Friday night. Colin Greening, Jason Spezza and Stephane Da Costa, with his first in NHL goal, also scored, and Erik Karlsson had three assists.
Capitals 4, Hurricanes 3, OT
WASHINGTON (AP) _ Mike Green scored a power-play goal 2:24 into overtime and Washington won its 10th straight home opener.
Green’s drive from the top of the right circle trickled between goaltender Brian Boucher’s legs for the Capitals, who haven’t lost their first regular season game at home since Oct. 6, 2000, against the Los Angeles Kings.
Alexander Semin and Jason Chimera scored second-period goals for the Capitals, and Brooks Laich tallied in the third period.
Michal Neuvirth had 28 saves for Washington as the surprise starter over veteran free agent signing Tomas Vokoun.
Eric Staal had a pair of power-play goals for Carolina, and Jussi Jokinen sent the game to overtime with a late goal. Brian Boucher made 32 saves for the Hurricanes.
Flyers 3, Devils 0
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl's hand
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow