- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
‘DWTS’ producer: Give Chaz Bono a chance to dance
Question of the Day
“This community faces a lot of misunderstanding, fear and hatred, and all too often, violence,” she said. “But these are people just like anybody else, who are part of everyday things as normal as entertaining audiences on a dancing show.
“Even with the negative reaction, it gives people exposure and access to the story of a real-life transgender person.”
Bono said on his Twitter page Thursday that he is “overwhelmed by the outpouring of support I received from everyone.”
“I don’t listen to the haters, but embrace the love,” he wrote.
Green said Bono’s casting and the resulting conversation has boosted awareness of the show, but he hopes dancing supplants controversy when the show premieres on Sept. 19: “I hope that a lot of the people who appear to be upset at the moment will give him a chance and maybe realize it’s not quite as bad as they think.”
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen can be reached at www.twitter.com/APSandy.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow