- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Israel arrests Hamas leader in West Bank
Question of the Day
JERUSALEM (AP) — A militant Hamas leader whose son collaborated with Israel has been arrested in the West Bank, the Israeli military said Thursday.
The military would not say why Hassan Yousef of the Islamic Hamas group was taken into custody or provide any other details.
Mr. Yousef was released from an Israeli prison a month ago after serving six years.
Shortly afterward, he told an Israeli TV station that the Palestinians were planning demonstrations to support their quest for U.N. endorsement of a Palestinian state after the General Assembly convenes in late September.
Asked if the rallies could turn violent, Mr. Yousef warned of increasing frustrations.
His son, Mosab Hassan Yousef, wrote a book about his experiences spying on militants for Israel‘s Shin Bet security service.
TWT Video Picks
It's yet another example of his lack of transparency
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Obama bests Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in pool match
- CARSON: Health savings accounts far better than Obamacare
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Court orders Chicago to pay NRA's legal fees
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener