- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
Question of the Day
Desormeaux, 41, was charged with reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor. He posted $500 bail.
Desormeaux, a 2004 inductee into the National Racing Hall of Fame, almost won the 1998 Triple Crown, capturing the Derby and Preakness but falling a nose short in the Belmont.
Tulsa receiver charged with embezzlement
TULSA, OKLA. | Prosecutors charged suspended Tulsa wide receiver Damaris Johnson with one count of felony embezzlement. Johnson was questioned last week after his girlfriend, Chamon Jones, was arrested on an embezzlement complaint.
Police say that Jones, who works at a Macy’s, sold more than $1,500 worth of merchandise to Johnson for just under $13 on one occasion. Officers also alleged that Jones charged Johnson 34 cents for merchandise totaling $1,283.
PGA Tour announces nine-year TV deal
NORTON, MASS. | Even without Tiger Woods dominating golf, the PGA Tour announced Thursday its longest network television deal in history Thursday that secures broadcast rights for the next 10 years.
The tour agreed to a nine-year deal with CBS Sports and NBC Sports. PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem did not disclose financial terms, although he said there was an increase in the rights fee and players would see modest advances in prize money.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow