- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Titans, running back agree to revised contract
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - The Titans and Chris Johnson have agreed to terms on a four-year contract extension ending the three-time Pro Bowl running back's holdout.
Tennessee confirmed Thursday they agreed to terms on the revised deal. Johnson tweeted Wednesday night that he had dinner in Orlando with his agent Joel Segal "to discuss business."
Johnson has led the NFL in yards rushing the past three seasons and refused to report to the camp without a new deal.
The running back will be under contract for the next six years, and the revised deal is worth $53.5 million with $30 million guaranteed, according to a person familiar with the contract. The person spoke to The Associated Press Thursday on condition of anonymity because the contract details remained confidential.
The Tennessean first reported the deal.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors