- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Arizona’s ‘01 series champs mark 10th anniversary
Question of the Day
David Dellucci was excited just walking back on the field.
“I’m actually standing on the field right now,” he said as reporters crowded around him. “My heart’s starting to pump. It’s all coming back. We’re reliving the memories and we have a great group of fans here to help us do that.”
Bob Brenly, a first-year manager when he guided Arizona to that title, said that until the last offseason he had never watched the series after seeing it unfold in front of him.
“My wife went to Europe with some friends and I was home alone for a week and just started popping them in one at a time and watching the games start to finish,” Brenly said. “It’s amazing how many things you forget. Under those circumstances, once it goes by you, you forget.
“Now you’re trying to think a couple of innings ahead of time. It was nice to watch and remember. Some of it wasn’t so much fun to watch, but because I knew the ending it was a great movie.”
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq