- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
Charlie Sheen smiles through Comedy Central roast
Question of the Day
“It’s true I’ve hung around with a lot of shady people over the years: Losers, drug addicts, dealers, desperate whores,” he said. “But to have you all here on one night is really special.”
He sipped a drink as he addressed the crowd, who sat in bleachers and at bar tables inside Sony Studios’ stage 27. At one point, he seemed to reflect sincerely on his career, talking about how he had “the biggest salary on television” and publicly enjoyed drugs and porn stars before telling off his boss.
“And then it was gone in one fiery public flameout,” he said.
“It was only when the smoke cleared I realized just how lucky I am, because even after all that, I still have a family that loves me. That’s why they’re not here tonight,” he continued. “They’ve seen me in jail. They’ve seen me rushed to emergency rooms. They’ve seen me dragged into court. But seeing me on basic cable would kill them.”
He said he’s done with his catchphrase _ winning! _ because he feels he’s already won.
“This roast may be over, but I’m Charlie Sheen, and in here burns an internal fire,” he said, touching his chest. “I just have to remember to keep it away from a crack pipe.”
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen can be reached at www.twitter.com/APSandy.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow