- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Cliff Robertson funeral set for Friday in NY
EAST HAMPTON, N.Y. (AP) - The funeral for Academy Award-winning actor Cliff Robertson is set for Friday on New York’s Long Island.
Robertson won the Oscar in 1968 for his performance in “Charly.” He played a mentally disabled man who undergoes medical treatment that makes him a genius. Robertson died Saturday of natural causes, one day after his 88th birthday.
Robertson had a string of impressive performances in television and on Broadway. On film, he is also remembered for his portrayal of future President John F. Kennedy in the World War II film “PT 109.”
More recently, he played the kindly Uncle Ben in the “Spider-Man” movies.
Besides Friday’s funeral at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in East Hampton, N.Y, memorial services are being planned for later dates in New York City and Los Angeles.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again