- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Mixed martial artist takes plea in Vegas sex case
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A mixed martial arts fighter once featured in Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter” series has pleaded an equivalent of no contest in Las Vegas to attempted sexual assault in an April 2010 attack on a woman at his home.
The Las Vegas Sun reports ( http://bit.ly/n86j8I) that 30-year-old Michael Whitehead acknowledged Monday he could face two to 20 years in prison at sentencing Jan. 19 and will have to register as a sex offender.
Whitehead had faced sexual assault, attempted sexual assault and lewdness charges after a 32-year-old woman accused him of attacking her while she slept at his home following a party.
Police say a second woman alleged Whitehead groped her.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq