- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Score for Minaj: Front row next to Anna Wintour
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Move over Renee Zellweger, oh you of the tasteful buff dress and matchy matchy shoes. Nicki Minaj got the front row next to Anna Wintour at Monday’s runway show of your beloved Carolina Herrera.
The multiplatinum singer showed up in a multiplatinum Marie Antoinette wig and technicolor pompom-ed sweater to grab the prime real estate at New York Fashion Week. Rounding out the look for her chat with the Vogue editor in chief was a bright orange mini skirt, neon stockings and pink shoes.
They exchanged smiles before the show but got serious once the models took to the catwalk. On Minaj’s other side was W magazine fashion editor Stefano Tonchi. Zellweger, who usually rocks Herrera designs on red carpets, sat front row nearby.
Minaj attended Betsey Johnson’s show later Monday, changing up her look with big, sea green hair and poofy striped ruffle dress.
The Grammy-nominated entertainer, who released her platinum-selling debut “Pink Friday” last year, has evolved from oversexed street rapper to animated R&B-pop singer and a bona fide star. She has a penchant for Barbies, wild outfits and cartoonish wigs.
At last month’s MTV Video Music Awards, Minaj wore a printed surgical mask, rainbow wig and mini-tutu in a cubic design, with an attached string of stuffed toys.
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/musicmesfin
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world