- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The downward trend of union integrity
Question of the Day
I am a lifelong Democrat. I describe myself as a Democrat after the fashion of Hubert Humphrey and Henry “Scoop” Jackson. I am a longtime union member and supportive of most unions and some of their tactics.
However, I also support the Tea Party and its ideas. I am not a racist or a believer in the current tactics of the Democrats and the unions. It is insulting when the union “leaders” and the Democrats insult and belittle those who think differently than they.
When the liberal media resort to name-calling and insults rather than talk about the issues, it is obvious that they cannot defend their platform. The use of name calling is usually a sign of ignorant people who are unable to express their views or admit they are wrong.
It is a sad state of affairs that the unions and members of the Democratic Party have sunk so low in their behavior.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Donald Lambro
The president writes off jobless Americans who have given up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy