- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The downward trend of union integrity
Question of the Day
I am a lifelong Democrat. I describe myself as a Democrat after the fashion of Hubert Humphrey and Henry “Scoop” Jackson. I am a longtime union member and supportive of most unions and some of their tactics.
However, I also support the Tea Party and its ideas. I am not a racist or a believer in the current tactics of the Democrats and the unions. It is insulting when the union “leaders” and the Democrats insult and belittle those who think differently than they.
When the liberal media resort to name-calling and insults rather than talk about the issues, it is obvious that they cannot defend their platform. The use of name calling is usually a sign of ignorant people who are unable to express their views or admit they are wrong.
It is a sad state of affairs that the unions and members of the Democratic Party have sunk so low in their behavior.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence