- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Question of the Day
Although about 20 African countries have recognized the National Transitional Council (NTC), the AU so far has refused to do so and instead has stuck to its “road map” for Libya, which calls for an inclusive government in Tripoli.
What that means exactly is still unclear.
2 men convicted of World Cup bombings
KAMPALA | A Ugandan judge has convicted two suspects over bombings last year that killed 76 people in the East African nation.
Judge Owiny Dollo on Wednesday convicted Edris Nsubuga and Muhamoud Mugisha after they pleaded guilty Tuesday to involvement in the July blasts in Uganda’s capital.
Nsubuga said he detonated one of the bombs with his mobile phone. Mugisha said he helped plan the attack with the al Qaeda-linked Somali militant group that claimed responsibility.
Ambulance crashes into crowd, kills 11
MONROVIA | An official in Liberia says 11 people were killed after an ambulance crashed into a crowd that had been waiting all day to see a visiting presidential candidate.
Regional official Momo Kiadii said Wednesday the ambulance crashed into the crowd late Tuesday in the western town of Vonzula. He said many others were injured.
Presidential candidate Kennedy Sandy was visiting the region on a campaign tour.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
President commits to holding vote on time
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors