- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Ellen Barkin joins cast of play about Prop 8 case
NEW YORK (AP) - Producers have revealed the glittering final cast list for a new Broadway play about the legal battle over same-sex marriage in California.
Ellen Barkin, Kate Shindle and Stephen Spinella have been added to “8,” a play about Proposition 8 by Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black.
The play is based on the trial transcript and interviews from last year’s court fight over California’s gay marriage ban. It will be performed as a reading at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for one night only _ Monday.
The new cast members join already announced Morgan Freeman, Anthony Edwards, John Lithgow, Cheyenne Jackson, Campbell Brown, Christine Lahti, Rob Reiner and Larry Kramer. Marisa Tomei had to withdraw from the reading because of a film scheduling conflict.
Play site: http://www.afer.org/broadway8
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.