- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Ex-NBA player Crittenton returned to Atlanta
Crittenton, who was suspended from the NBA along with his ex-teammate Gilbert Arenas for having guns in a locker room, arrived Thursday night from Los Angeles, Fulton County sheriff’s office spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan said. He was being held at the county jail.
Crittenton was charged in the death of 22-year-old Julian Jones, a mother of four who was hit by gunfire during a drive-by shooting, police said. The shots apparently were aimed at someone walking with her, police said.
Crittenton, a former Georgia Tech star, has denied any involvement.
Crittenton was detained at a southern California airport two weeks ago when he was about to board a flight to Atlanta. He lives in the Atlanta suburb of Fayetteville.
Defense attorney Brian Steel said when Crittenton appeared in court in Los Angeles that his client had agreed to return to Atlanta voluntarily and had bought a plane ticket, but law enforcement authorities decided to arrest him anyway. Steel did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment Thursday night.
He pleaded guilty to a gun charge after a locker room altercation with Arenas last year and served a year of unsupervised probation.
Crittenton was the 19th overall pick of the 2007 NBA draft, selected by the Los Angeles Lakers. He is on the roster of an NBA developmental league team.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again