- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Rolling over on twin towers memorial
Question of the Day
On the Monday morning after the 10th anniversary of the murderous attacks on our country on Sept. 11, 2001, I was left with the same anger, sadness and feeling of loss I experience every time I see those two huge black holes in the middle of the greatest city in the world.
The World Trade Center towers should have been rebuilt immediately to show we will never cave to violence or hatred. These two voids, lined with trees, are in no way representative of our spirit of survival. We caved, and now celebrate two gaping holes while the enemy smiles at our loss.
I say, rebuild just as the ants do when their anthill is covered over. Don’t give in to the bad guys - just keep on building. I am sorry that our nation rolled over on this one.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes