- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
Source: Pistons complete staff with Brian Hill
DETROIT (AP) - The Detroit Pistons have completed their coaching staff.
Brian Hill has agreed to be an assistant for new coach Lawrence Frank, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team hasn't made an announcement.
The rest of Frank's staff includes former NBA players Roy Rogers and Dee Brown along with John Loyer.
Hill was one of John Kuester's assistants in Detroit. Hill led the Orlando Magic to the 1995 NBA finals and was the Vancouver Grizzlies' first coach.
Detroit fired Kuester in June, after he went 57-107 in two seasons, and gave Frank another shot to be an NBA head coach in July. Frank went 225-241 in 6 1/2 seasons as coach of the New Jersey Nets, who fired him in November 2009.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again