- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Chiefs RB Charles hurts knee, could be out awhile
Question of the Day
Seattle’s Raheem Brock hit Roethlisberger in the knee after the quarterback completed a 16-yard pass to Heath Miller. Roethlisberger lay on the Heinz Field turf for several minutes before gingerly making his way to the sideline.
Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins was carried off the field on a stretcher after he injured his neck in the fourth quarter of a 30-23 win over the Carolina Panthers.
Collins was hurt as he tried to tackle Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart on a catch. Stewart attempted to hurdle Collins, whose head appeared to hit Stewart’s left hip as he dived for Stewart’s legs. Collins’ neck bent awkwardly and he landed face down on the turf.
Collins gave a slight wave to the crowd while being carried off the field. In a postgame statement on their website, the Packers said Collins had “normal feeling and complete movement” in his extremities and would be kept overnight in a hospital for observation.
New York Jets All-Pro center Nick Mangold has a sprained right ankle, but X-rays were negative.
Mangold limped off the field late in the first quarter of the Jets’ 32-3 victory over Jacksonville and did not return.
Coach Rex Ryan said Mangold would get an MRI exam Monday.
Mangold entered the Jets’ locker room after the game on crutches with his right foot in a boot.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq