- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Chiefs’ Charles out for season
Question of the Day
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A bad season for the Kansas City Chiefs just got worse.
Tight end Tony Moeaki went down with a torn ACL in their preseason finale against Green Bay, and Pro Bowl safety Eric Berry was hurt in their regular-season opener against Buffalo.
Packers lose Collins for season
GREEN BAY, Wis. — Packers Pro Bowl safety Nick Collins was ruled out for the season Monday because of a neck injury, a continuation of the wave of injuries the team dealt with on its run to the Super Bowl.
Collins was carried off the field on a stretcher after sustaining a neck injury in the fourth quarter Sunday. Even with Collins calling the shots in the secondary, the Packers’ pass defense has been shaky in victories over New Orleans and Carolina.
Vick has concussion
PHILADELPHIA — Michael Vick’s status for the Eagles’ next game is uncertain because of a concussion sustained in Sunday night’s 35-31 loss at Atlanta.
Philadelphia’s quarterback must pass several tests and be evaluated by an independent neurologist before he can be cleared to return. The Eagles host the New York Giants on Sunday.
Robinson’s hit being reviewed
NEW YORK — The NFL is looking into the hit by Atlanta Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson on Philadelphia wide receiver Jeremy Maclin that drew a 15-yard penalty in Sunday night’s game.
Robinson was fined $50,000 last year for a similar hit on the Eagles’ DeSean Jackson that left both players with concussions. The fine later was reduced to $25,000, but Robinson falls into the category of repeat offender.
Around the league
• PANTHERS: Carolina linebacker Thomas Davis tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee for the third time in less than 23 months. It’s another huge blow to Carolina’s defense, which lost Jon Beason for the year with a torn Achilles in the season opener.
• JETS: New York All-Pro center Nick Mangold has a high ankle sprain that could sideline him for at least Sunday’s game at Oakland. High ankle sprains usually take a few weeks to heal, so it appears Mangold’s streak of starting all 82 regular-season games may end.
• BENGALS: Cincinnati slot receiver Jordan Shipley tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, ending his season. He led AFC rookie receivers with 600 yards last season.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world