- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Marrone excited about joining ACC
“We’ll do what needs to be done,” Gross said. “We’re going to do whatever they need. If that means that they need us out of way, we understand that.”
Gross said Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim, the all-time winningest coach in Big East history with 338 wins, was on board with the switch. Boeheim is a fixture at home football games in the Carrier Dome and sits in Gross’s private box.
“He understands it. He was supportive,” Gross said. “He understands all the reasons why. He knows it’s for the university and the athletic department, so he’s behind it. Obviously, I would want Jim’s blessing, and he gave it, as did Doug Marrone and (lacrosse coach) John Desko.”
Gross said going forward he would strive to continue the Orange’s intense basketball rivalries with Georgetown, Connecticut and Villanova.
“We talked about when the dust settles how we’re going to continue to set this (Georgetown) series up and make sure it lasts,” Gross said. “I hope we’ll have the same types of relationships with everyone else, and I imagine we will. We’re going to try to keep all the rivalries intact and keep it fun for everyone.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again