- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
RHP Jarrod Parker called up by Diamondbacks
Question of the Day
PHOENIX (AP) - The Arizona Diamondbacks have selected the contract of right-hander Jarrod Parker from Double-A Mobile and designated infielder Tommy Manzella for assignment.
The ninth overall pick by Arizona in the 2007 draft, Parker was 11-8 with a 3.79 ERA in 26 games for Mobile in his first full season since having Tommy John surgery in 2009. He was 28-19 with a 3.49 ERA in parts of three seasons in Arizona's minor league system and joined the Diamondbacks before Monday night's game against Pittsburgh.
Arizona began the day leading the NL West by five games over San Francisco with nine to play.
Manzella hit .246 with a homer and three RBIs in 22 games for Triple-A Reno after being claimed off waivers from Houston on Aug. 11.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq