- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats’ ‘racist’ cop-out
Question of the Day
As part of their 2010 election campaign and now for their 2012 campaign, Democrats continue to label anyone who is critical of President Obama’s policies a racist.
Rep. Andre Carson, Indiana Democrat and the Congressional Black Caucus whip, stated recently that members of the Tea Party and Republicans were racists and wanted to see black people hang from trees. These claims are outrageous. The silence of President Obama, other members of the caucus and other Democrats in failing to criticize the statements essentially condones them and is shameful.
Are black conservative Tea Party members or black Republican members of Congress racist for their criticism of Mr. Obama’s policies - policies that have drastically worsened our economy? And because Mr. Obama had a white mother, would any black, Latino or Asian person also be labeled a racist for criticizing him? The Democrats’ racist agenda has gone on too long and has been undertaken solely for political reasons.
Fortunately, today the vast majority of people get along well with others socially, in business and in sports, no matter what ethnicities, races or religious groups are involved. We need a united effort to solve the economic, terrorism-related and natural-disaster problems we face in our country and in other countries. The Democrats’ divisive and false racist claims should be challenged and stopped.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch