- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
50 Cent signs on to Alaska serial murderer film
Question of the Day
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA (AP) - Rap star 50 Cent has signed on to play a pimp in a movie detailing Alaska’s infamous serial killer, Robert Hansen.
The Anchorage Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/pLfb7T) Curtis Jackson, the performer’s real name, has been cast for “Frozen Ground.”
Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage will star in the movie detailing the police investigation of Hansen, who preyed on prostitutes and strippers in the 1970s and early `80s in Anchorage. Hansen confessed to killing 17 women; some he let loose in the Alaska wilderness and hunted.
Cage will play an Alaska State Trooper who investigated the murders. John Cusack will play Hansen, and Vanessa Hudgens, of “High School Musical” fame, will play a victim who escaped.
Filming is scheduled to start in Anchorage in October.
Information from: Anchorage Daily News, http://www.adn.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Gun advocates credit new concealed carry laws for sharp drop in Chicago murder rate
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener