- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
Nuggets forward Gallinari rejoins Italian club
“I’m happy for the opportunity that Olimpia offered me to get back on the court with the team that I had some unforgettable experiences with,” Gallinari said. “I hope to give the Milan fans more to cheer about and give them back in return the affection they showed by following me once I reached the NBA.”
Olimpia’s new coach is Sergio Scariolo, who guided Spain to the European Championship title Sunday in Lithuania. Along with fellow NBA players Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli, Gallinari was on the Italy squad that failed to advance to the second round.
“The only player for which we would have even considered making an exception to the rule of not hiring ‘part-time’ players was Danilo Gallinari,” Scarolo said. “We’re confident to get from him, even for only a brief time, the effort and dedication needed to become part of the team.”
Also known by its sponsor’s name Emporio Armani, Olimpia has a difficult series of games to open this season’s Europa League, where it will face Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv, Real Madrid and Anadolu Efes Istanbul.
“With the time frame coinciding with our goal of qualifying for the top 16 in the Europa League, that obviously gave us extra motivation to make this deal,” Scarolo said.
Olimpia opens the Italian league season against Varese on Oct. 9.
Other NBA players have committed to leagues outside the United States.
The NBA season usually begins in late October but owners and players have so far failed to agree on a new labor deal. The sides are at odds over how to divide the league’s revenue, a salary-cap structure and the length of guaranteed contracts.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.