- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
SANDS: Svidler KOs Grischuk, wins World Cup crown
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Nc3 a6 4. g3 b5 5. d4 cxd4 6. Nxd4 Bb7 7. Bg2 b4 8. Nd5 e6 9. O-O exd5 10. exd5 Be7 11. Re1 Kf8 12. Bf4 Bc8 13. Qd2 a5 14. a3 Ra6 15. axb4 axb4 16. Qxb4 Rb6 17. Qa3 Ra6 18. Qb4 Rb6 19. Qa5 g5 20. Rxe7 gxf4 21. Re4 fxg3 22. fxg3 Nf6 23. Rf4 Nbd7 24. Nc6 Qc7 25. Qc3 Rg8 26. Rxf6 Nxf6 27. Qxf6 Bb7 28. Nd4 Qe7 29. Qf2 Rg6 30. Ne6+ Rxe6 31. dxe6 Rxb2 32. Bxb7 Qxb7 33. Rf1 Rb1 34. Rxb1 Qxb1+ 35. Kg2 Qb7+ 36. Kh3 Qe7 37. Qxf7+ Qxf7 38. exf7 Kxf7 39. Kg4 Ke6 40. Kg5 1-0.
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 a6 6. Bg5 e6 7. f4 h6 8. Bh4 Qb6 9. Qd2 Qxb2 10. Rb1 Qa3 11. e5 dxe5 12. fxe5 g5 13. exf6 gxh4 14. Be2 Nd7 15. O-O Qd6 16. Ne4 Qc7 17. Rfd1 b6 18. Bh5 Nc5 19. Qe2 Rg8 20. Nf5 Nxe4 21. Qxe4 Bc5+ 22. Kh1 Bb7 23. Ng7+ Kf8 24. Qxh4 Bd5 25. Bf3 Bxf3 26. gxf3 Rh8 27. Rd3 Rd8 28. Rbd1 Rxd3 29. Rxd3 Qc8 30. Qg3 Rh7 31. Rd7 1-0.
• David R. Sands can be reached at 202/636-3178 or by email at email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Raised in Northern Virginia, David R. Sands received an undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and a master’s degree from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. He worked as a reporter for several Washington-area business publications before joining The Washington Times.
At The Times, Mr. Sands has covered numerous beats, including international trade, banking, politics ...
- SANDS: Going old school: Big chess milestones for 2014
- SANDS: If you knew Sochi like chess players knew Sochi
- SANDS: Chess champion Magnus Carlsen finally shows a little imperfection
- SANDS: Carlsen, Aronian set the pace at Zurich Chess Challenge
- SANDS: Aronian dominates in Tata kickoff chess tournament
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on nonprofit hospital
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Obama goes from lame to laughable in just one week
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again