- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Sugar Bowl improperly donated to ex-Gov. dinner
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The Sugar Bowl has discovered it violated tax laws when it purchased three $1,000 tickets to dinners honoring former Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco.
Sugar Bowl spokesman John Sudsbury says bowl representatives mistakenly bought the tickets, in violation of bowl policies, in 2004 and 2006. Sudsbury says the bowl found records of the tickets after being questioned by HBO’s Real Sports.
The Sugar Bowl is a nonprofit organization that receives state subsidies, and Sudsbury says bowl policy prohibits participation in any political campaign. He says the Sugar Bowl has notified the IRS, received reimbursement from Blanco’s campaign committee and donated the $3,000 to charity.
Earlier this year, the Fiesta Bowl fired its president after an investigation detailed lavish spending including $45,000 in reimbursements to employees for campaign donations in Arizona.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.