- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Daily Caller: Parents group boycotting Ben & Jerry’s Schweddy Balls
“Now he’s got some weeks to get everything in line before going back to promoting ‘Breaking Dawn,’ ” the source said.
“Twilight” may appeal to teeny boppers, but the British lad isn’t necessarily trying to appeal to that crowd with his music. Another source told Us Weekly that Mr. Pattinson’s album will be “[l]ike stripped-down Ray LaMontagne meets Van Morrison.”
“The album Rob will make will be guitar-based and drums, very organic-sounding, nothing pop,” the source said.
Mr. Pattinson first hit the celebrity radar in 2005 when he portrayed heartthrob Cedric Diggory in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” but he is most easily recognized for playing the troubled but well-intentioned vampire Edward Cullen in “Twilight.”
‘Avatar’-themed areas to open in Disney parks
Enthralled with the commercial success of James Cameron and Jon Landau’s 3-D blockbuster “Avatar,” Disney plans to open specialized areas at its theme parks based on the film.
Disney will install the first Avatar Land at the Animal Kingdom park at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. A Disney spokesman told the Hollywood Reporter the site was chosen because the Animal Kingdom park emphasizes “living in harmony with nature” and “the ‘Avatar’ stories … share the same philosophy.”
Mr. Cameron and Mr. Landau have struck an exclusive deal to install “Avatar”-themed rides at Disney’s parks. Mr. Cameron told the Hollywood Reporter that “with Disney, we’ll be able to bring Pandora to life like never before.”
• Compiled by Laura Donovan, Betsi Fores and Michael Watson 2011 The Daily Caller
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes