- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Health care reform that will actually work
I want to be able to choose to buy health insurance and medical care, if I wish, from anywhere in the United States. Neither federal government-based and federally controlled Obamacare nor state-based and state-controlled Romneycare can provide me with the freedom of choice I want.
The only version of medical care reform that will provide me with the broadest range of choice would be a market-driven solution. The federal government should stay out of the business of medical care as much as possible and let the market do its magic.
The widely varying mandates and regulations of states will determine the coverage available, and competition will shape the prices of both health insurance and medical care throughout the country. Price fixing should not be allowed. I should be able to find what I need at a price I can afford in a nationwide marketplace. Insurance companies and medical care providers will compete for our dollars by organizing themselves, improving and guaranteeing quality and efficiency, and by offering competitive prices. This is the only type of medical care reform that will really work.
Salt Lake City
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Get Breaking Alerts
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Inside China: Why Putin's intervention in Ukraine is bad news for China
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: De Blasio doing disservice to 'underdog' students
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Anti-God humanism will ruin nation
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Issue impeachment, not a toothless bill
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Put proof behind 'Bush lied' assertion
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wind power less harmful to wildlife