- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Police make arrest in Southeast D.C. homicide
Question of the Day
Metropolitan police arrested a Southeast man in a fatal shooting that occurred after the suspect and victim smoked PCP together, according to police and court documents.
Karl Nathaniel Pugh, 30, was charged with second-degree murder while armed in Tuesday's shooting, police said.
Officers responded to the third floor of an apartment complex in the 800 block of Southern Avenue in Southeast for a report of a shooting around 2:20 p.m. They found Quentin Joavor Ragland, 27, suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. He died several hours later.
According to documents filed in D.C. Superior Court, Mr. Pugh told police the men were smoking PCP together when they got into a tussle and Mr. Ragland went into his apartment to get a gun. With the gun in Mr. Ragland's hand, they continued to fight until Mr. Pugh got the gun away and shot him. He fled the area, but police arrested him shortly afterward and recovered a revolver from underneath a car in the apartment's parking lot.
Mr. Pugh is scheduled for a preliminary hearing in D.C. Superior Court on Sept. 30.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No charges for Secret Service, Capitol Police in shooting of motorist
- D.C. 911 center reports dropped calls, long waits during power outage
- Forgotten vial of smallpox found in NIH storage room
- D.C. 911 system suffers 'catastrophic communications failure'
- Marijuana legalization activists turn in petition to put measure on D.C. ballot
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener