- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Amb. Rice: Abbas statehood move at U.N. ‘unwise’
WASHINGTON — The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations on Wednesday called the Palestinian push for recognition by the world body “an unwise and diversionary gambit.”
But in an appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America” Wednesday, the ambassador said: “It won’t succeed. Because in the Security Council, you need nine affirmative votes and no vetoes by a permanent member. And we don’t know for sure what the vote count will be but we know that they’re not going to get through the Security Council.”
Rice said that Israel and the Palestinians must resolve the problem at the bargaining table, arguing that lingering differences exist between the two sides over security, borders, the capital city and the Palestinian refugees.
And she said the Obama administration is concerned about a “great gap between the expectations of the Palestinian people and the reality” of the situation.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow