- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Tuning in to TV
'Dancing With the Stars' loses first competitor
“Dancing With the Stars” viewers didn’t give Metta World Peace a chance.
The basketball star formerly known as Ron Artest was the first celebrity ejected from the 13th edition of the ABC dancing competition. The show’s judges gave him the lowest score on Monday’s premiere: 14 out of a possible 30.
The outgoing Los Angeles Lakers forward was locked out after viewer votes were combined with the judges’ scores.
“All I want to know is who’s coming with me?” he joyfully shouted after his dismissal.
Len Goodman, the show’s head judge, said the 31-year-old’s cha-cha with professional partner Peta Murgatroyd was “all sizzle and no sausage” and his footwork in the ballroom was “atrocious.”
For his debut performance, the over-the-top athlete bared his chest in a shimmering gold vest and shaved the Hebrew words for “world peace” into the side of his head.
The 11 celebrities remaining in the competition are World Cup soccer player Hope Solo; reality stars Rob Kardashian and Kristin Cavallari; TV personalities Nancy Grace, Carson Kressley and Ricki Lake; actors David Arquette and J.R. Martinez; Italian actress Elisabetta Canalis; singer Chynna Phillips; and author and activist Chaz Bono.
N.J. governor may veto tax break for ‘Jersey Shore’
It’s not a “shore” thing yet.
According to the Associated Press, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is considering whether to stand in the way of a $420,000 tax credit for MTV’s “Jersey Shore.”
The state Economic Development Authority approved the film credit last week. It covers production costs for the hit reality series’ inaugural 2009 season.
Mr. Christie suspended the film tax credit program in 2010 to close a budget deficit, but the 2009 season still qualified.
The governor’s spokesman suggested last week that Mr. Christie couldn’t stop the tax credit, but the governor now says a veto is possible and that he’s reviewing it.
The show centers on the cast living and partying along the beach and boardwalk in Seaside Heights.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Downsize bloated National Park Service
- EDITORIAL: Court strikes blow for campus colorblindness on affirmative action
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pelosi's foot-washing backwash
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: When disobeying orders saves lives
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014